Gundam Online is an amazing Japan-only game that allows you to pilot a number of different of Gundam’s in 50vs50 matches. The game is only in Japanese but for those of us who are studying Japanese, that is perfect!
One of the great things about the game is that it is easy enough to pick up without needing to know much Japanese. Yet, there is a ton of Japanese to be studied, especially when trying to figure out what and how to upgrade your mobile suit.
The only issue is that the game blocks users who are outside of Japan from trying to play. But with the help of a VPN, we can easily get around that. Before we show how to install and play Gundam Online, check out the trailer above to see just how amazing the game is.
How to Play
A wonderful guide to MSGO already exists, so we’ll just be referencing that since that is what worked for me!
- You do not need your VPN to download or patch the game.
- If the game ever doesn’t work after logging in, there is a good chance an update came out and you need to patch the game again.
- You need to have your computers time zone set to Japan Time (UTC +9) or the launcher will just infinitely try to update. However, you can also just update the game and then close the launcher and directly launch the game via the shortcut you should have created and it will work.
- Feel free to check out the rest of the site, it has a ton of useful information for getting started.
As already mentioned, you’re going to need a VPN to be able to play this game unless you live in Japan. Don’t worry though, we’ve got you covered.
- Mudfish (Our Tutorial) – Less than $1 a month. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- WTFast – $5.99 a month regardless of how much you play/use.
- VPN Gate – Completely free, but there is a good chance you’ll get lag or disconnect.
Let’s Play Together!
I currently play on two different accounts.
- Shangri-la (シャングリラ) – EFSF – アメリカ・人
- Francessca (フランチェスカ) – Zeon – Washu
Feel free to add me if you want!